With rising airline fares and gas prices, the thought of trying to take a summer vacation doesn’t sound like a feasible plan for a lot of us this year. But that doesn’t mean you can’t do something that’s fun and relaxing. There are plenty of staycations that you can have at home or around your area that can feel just like a vacation. Stumped for ideas? Here are 5 staycations you can do this summer that won’t kill your budget!
- Make your house into a day spa: With a little searching on the Web, you can find plenty of recipes for skin treatments from ingredients you can buy at the store. Also, consider making your own candle to help create a calm, relaxed environment around the house. Put on some relaxing music and treat yourself to a purely “you” day.
- Family hiking or bicycling day: What better way to enjoy the summer than to go on a bike ride? If you live near a park that has bike trails, take a day with the kids to explore and ride. Just as fun is grabbing a book on plants and going on a hiking trip to learn about the local flora and fauna.
- Picnics: We recently talked about having an eco-friendly picnic, and taking a (sunscreened) day at your nearest park or camping site is a great way to hang out while you’re outside.
- Help organize a block party: What better way to get to know your neighbors than to have a party! Organize with your neighbors to have a cookout, some games, and invite other neighbors to join in on the fun!
- Art day: Are your walls looking a little bare? Have an art day to create some cool creations to hang on your walls. If you have kids, they’ll be so proud to have their masterpieces on the wall or your fridge.
Have any staycation ideas for this summer? Like us on Facebook and tell us about them!
Need more assistance in learning to let go of the consumer media’s impact on your life, take control of your finances and find the satisfaction of enough for today? The Get Satisfied Interactive Handbook is a 30-minute web course that walks you through a series of specific questions and then presents a personalized how-to plan for becoming a postconsumer. Launch your evaluation for free right now.